Why Phoenix for manufacturing?
Highly-skilled, low-cost workforce
- 8.1% of the total output in Arizona is from manufacturers, who employ nearly 6% of the total workforce.
- With a current population of 4.4 million, we boast the third largest labor pool in the West.
- Arizona ranks in the top 10 for actual tech occupational jobs, with leading tech sectors such as IT services and custom software, semiconductor manufacturing, telecommunications, engineering, and space and defense systems manufacturing.
Connectivity to major markets
- Arizona's highways link to 34 million Americans within a half-day's drive, while our airports connect to most of the rest of the country and Mexico in three hours or less.
- Shipping costs to California are 15-75% lower than other mountain west markets.
Competitive operating advantages
- Arizona is a pro-business, right-to-work state with low unionization and minimal regulation.
- Manufacturers can take advantage of special incentives, no inventory tax, aggressive depreciation schedules and even a sales tax exemption on equipment and utilities used for manufacturing.
Relocating made simple
With energy-efficiency rebates, Arizona Commerce Authority incentives and unparalleled collaboration with regional economic development entities, moving to Greater Phoenix can be cost-effective and simple. Discover more from one of our partner agencies or contact an SRP economic development advisor.