The metropolitan Phoenix area is home to approximately 50 university and college campuses that award advanced degrees related to almost every modern career field, including medical, emerging technology, engineering, aviation and business.
Among the notable schools in the region:
Other notable institutions in Greater Phoenix include:
- Grand Canyon University, a major private Christian university offering bachelor's, master's and doctoral programs in nursing, business, education, theology, arts and sciences
- Midwestern Univeristy, a Glendale-based medical school offering programs in osteopathic medicine, pharmacology, health sciences, optometry, dental medicine and veterinary medicine
- Thunderbird School of Global Management, a top-ranked ranked international business school offering full-time and executive MBA programs, distance learning and master's degree programs in global management
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, a No. 1 ranked aviation and aerospace college offering a wide variety of air- and space-related degrees
- University of Phoenix, which, as the nation's largest private college, pioneered conveniences now considered standard at schools catering to working adults, such as online classes and libraries
Find more information about area schools on GPEC's website.